WARRANTY INFORMATION FOR NORTH AMERICAN MODELS
6 Month Limited Warranty
WHO DOES THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVER?
This Limited Warranty applies to all original owners and any subsequent owners of covered North American model 2021 Electric Motion Off Road Motorcycles
Electric Motion requires its authorized dealers to submit warranty registration information on-line or a warranty registration card via mail within 5 business days of customer purchase. The unit will then have 1 full year limited warranty and expire 365 days from point of purchase automatically.
WHAT DOES THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVER?
Electric Motion warrants that all factory manufactured 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycles are free from defects in material and workmanship during the period of this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty covers parts, including the motor, motor controller, frame, swing arm, fork, rear shock, brake assemblies, wheels and electrical sub-assemblies, and approved Electric Motion accessories installed at the time of purchase by an authorized Electric Motion dealer.
WHAT IS THE COVERAGE PERIOD OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
The duration of this Limited Warranty is 1 full year from point of sale date. Demo, Event, Test bikes sold do not have warranty coverage
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
- “Normal operating conditions” require routine care and maintenance of the 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle
- “Normal operating conditions” does not include use of the 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle in for-profit commercial or business activities, such as use as a rental vehicle.
- “Proper use” means only the use of a motorcycle in the manner intended for a rider and passenger on a 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle with proper safety equipment as described in the Owner’s Manual, in accordance with local regulations.
In addition, this Limited Warranty does not cover:
- The cost of parts and labor involved in any routine care and maintenance and/or the replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear, use, or deterioration, including but not limited to: tires, brake pads and rotors, belt drive, fork seals, grips, foot pegs, and the seat;
- The tires installed on the 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle. The original equipment tires are warranted separately by the tire manufacturer;
- The replacement of fluids, unless their replacement is a necessary part of warranty service on a covered component;
- Wheel damage resulting from off road use;
- Any cosmetic concerns that arise as a result of environmental conditions, owner abuse, misuse, lack of routine care and maintenance, and/or improper use;
- Parts or components damaged by use or operation under abnormal circumstances or contrary to the requirements described in the Owner’s Manual including a failure to have the motorcycles firmware updated during the regular service intervals or in a timely basis following a notification that a new update is available.
- 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycles used for racing or other competitive events;
- 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycles misused or improperly operated;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by modifications or alterations to 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycles including modifications or alterations performed by an authorized Electric Motion dealer - that cause the 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle to fail;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by aftermarket accessories installed on a 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle or Power Pack after the “in service date,” or caused by aftermarket accessories installed by someone other than an authorized Electric Motion dealer;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the improper repair of the motorcycle, installation of any parts or accessories not sold or approved by Electric Motion, the installation and use of any parties or accessories that alter the motorcycle’s specifications from those set by Electric Motion, or the use of new or used parts not approved by Electric Motion;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the installation or use of any charger not sold or approved by Electric Motion;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by fire, collision, accident, or improper storage;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by continued operation of the motorcycle after a warning light, gauge reading, or other warning indicates a mechanical or operational problem;
- 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycles severely damaged or declared to be a total loss by an insurer, or motorcycles substantially reassembled from or repaired with parts obtained from another used motorcycle;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the failure to follow recommended maintenance requirements as set forth in the Owner’s Manual; and
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by airborne industrial pollutants (e.g., acid rain), bird droppings, tree sap, stones, flood water, windstorms, or other similar occurrences.
Further, this Limited Warranty does not apply to 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycles or parts and accessories that are not imported or distributed by Electric Motion.
WHAT OTHER LIMITATIONS OR DISCLAIMERS APPLY TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
The following additional limitations and disclaimers apply to this Limited Warranty:
- THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF THIS ELECTRIC MOTION MOTORCYCLE MODEL. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE STATED PERIOD OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
- Electric Motion does not assume – or authorize any person to assume – any other obligation or liability on its behalf.
- THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF VALUE OF THE MOTORCYCLE, LOST PROFITS OR EARNINGS, OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES FOR SUBSTITUTE TRANSPORTATION OR LODGING, EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH RETURNING THE COVERED PRODUCT TO AN AUTHORIZED SERVICE FACILITY OR DEALER, TOWING AND/OR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE EXPENSES, EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH RETURNING THE COVERED PRODUCT BACK TO ITS OWNER, MECHANIC’S TRAVEL TIME OR COMMUNICATION CHARGES, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, LOSS OR TIME, OR INCONVENIENCE. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Electric Motion reserves the right to change or improve the design of any 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle, or any other Electric Motion parts (collectively, “Electric Motion products”) at any time, without assuming any obligation to modify any Electric Motion products previously manufactured or sold.
- The purchaser acknowledges that there is an inherent risk in the operation of motorcycles. This Limited Warranty does not cover - and Electric Motion cannot assume responsibility for - any injury arising from the unsafe or improper operation of Electric Motion products, or the user’s failure to comply with instructions, care and maintenance requirements, warnings, and safety precautions.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A CUSTOMER?
As the owner of a product covered by this Limited Warranty, it is your responsibility to read and understand the Owner’s Manual, this Limited Warranty, and all product warnings before operating your 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle. Serious injury or death can result from improper operation or failure to observe warnings and safety instructions on any motorcycle.
Further, it is also your responsibility to:
- Perform all recommended and necessary routine care and maintenance and engage in proper use of your 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle and Power Pack as detailed in the Owner’s Manual, including obtaining any firmware updates available at each service interval or in a timely basis following a notification that a new update is available.
- Learn and obey all federal, state, and local laws governing the operations of a motorcycle, generally, and an electric motorcycle, specifically.
- At all times when operating a 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle wear proper safety equipment and clothing, including but not limited to helmet, eye protection, and appropriate boots.
- Convey the Owner’s Manual and all safety warnings, instructions, and Limited Warranty if the unit is sold, loaned, or otherwise transferred to another person.
WHAT WILL ELECTRIC MOTION MOTORCYCLES DO UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
During the duration of this Limited Warranty, an authorized Electric Motion dealer will repair or replace (at Electric Motion’s discretion), without charge, any 2020 Electric Motion Motorcycle or parts that are covered by this Limited Warranty and found by Electric Motion or an authorized Electric Motion dealer to be defective in factory materials or workmanship.
HOW DOES THIS LIMITED WARRANTY RELATE TO STATE LAW?
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from State to State.
Notice Under State Lemon Laws
Some States have laws, sometimes referred to as “lemon laws,” allowing you to get a replacement motorcycle or a refund of the purchase price under certain circumstances. These laws vary from State to State. If your state law allows, Electric Motion requires that you first notify us in writing of any service difficulty or issue that you may have experienced so that we can have a chance to make any needed repairs before you are eligible for remedies provided by these laws. In all other States, Electric Motion asks that you give it written notice of any service difficulty or issue
Please send your written notification to Czem at the following address:
Central Powersports Distribution
PO BOX 215
Watertown, SD 57201